Ballarat City Football Club first introduced Miniroos into the BDSA in 2017. Due to the success of the season fielding two under 9 and under 11 teams, the club is ready for an exciting year of football in 2018. It is wonderful that we are able to see some of our players transition to Under 12 academy this year. We wish to create more opportunities in 2018 for children to play outdoor football in Western Victoria.
Under 10 – not available in 2018
All teams are open to boys and girls
1 x parent (coach) and 1 x academy player with Anthony Mancuso – Miniroos coordinator overseeing the program. Coaching is based on the FFA Curriculum using:
- Discovery Phase
- Fun Games and Skills Acquisition Phase
- First touch, 1v1, Running with the Ball and Striking the Ball
Parents wishing to coach should refer to the Working with Children website
TRAINING AND MATCH DAYS
Training will be held each Wednesday and Friday from 5.30 – 6.30pm on the grass pitch, corner of Pleasant Street and Rubicon Street, Redan. Both sessions are not compulsory, however players are strongly encouraged to attend.
Match days will be held on Sundays from 9am – 2pm using the synthetic pitches at Morshead Park. Other grounds around Ballarat are also used with travel to Bacchus Marsh required depending on the fixture. The full fixture will be posted when available in March.
* Ballarat City FC family membership (2 x adults and 2 x children)
* Pathway to BCFC Academy
* Training twice a week to focus on skill development and game preparation
* Walking out with the BCFC Seniors on home games and half time participation in games
* Team photo and certificate
* Academy players to assist with coaching
* BCFC Spray Jacket (if new player for 2018)
* Playing kit including shorts, shirt and socks
* NPL resources
* Morshead Park facilities, plus more!
REGISTRATION FEE: $350.00